Friday, August 01, 2008

Flagged by a Bot; I'm in Exile

By Pauly
Hollyweird, CA
This blog has been locked due to possible Blogger Terms of Service violations. You may not publish new posts until your blog is reviewed and unlocked.

This blog will be deleted within 20 days unless you request a review.
This was a cold explanation that I got from Blogger/Google. They decided to freeze four of my blogs because I'm suspected by their bots for being a spam blog.

Yes, I am unable to publish content on Tao of Pauly, Tao of Poker, Truckin', and Coventry Phish & Music blog.

I requested a review of my blogs, and I am patiently awaiting a response. Some bloggers have been flagged for over two weeks without even hearing one peep from the powers to be, so my outlook is grim. I am in the process of working on a suitable solution for all parties involved.

For now, this new/old blog will be only outlet until my problems with Google/Blogger junta are resolved. Ironically, Tao of Bacon and Tootie's Bong (an old dream blog that never took flight) were two of my blogs that were not flagged by the bots.

I really could use the time away from the grind of blogging, but the timing of my frozen accounts could not have happened at a worse time...
1. August 1 is Jerry Day and I had two special posts already saved in draft for Coventry when I got flagged.

2. The new issue of Truckin' was supposed to be published this weekend.

3. And... I'm running a special tournament for the Tao of Poker's fifth birthday on Tuesday.
Yeah, the timing blows. Flagged by a bot.

Oh well. So welcome to Tootie's Bong.

And in case you were wondering why this is called Tootie's Bong, the name has its origins in an old Facts of Life Episode...

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Birrell said...

Shenanigans! Goddamn Blogger Bastards...

That sucks Pauly and I had forgotten all about Tootie's Bong. Thanks for keeping us readers posted. Hopefully those Google Gestapos will release you from your blogging bonds sooner than later.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Daddy said...

This is bullshit!
I want bush.
Pan down.

11:06 AM  
Blogger griftdrift said...

Mine got flagged once. They bots ain't too bright. A quick note to customer service had me restored in under 24 hours. Good luck getting your home back Pauly

11:53 AM  
Blogger Predator314 said...

F Google in the A :)

Sounds like a good time to sign up for some web hosting and put that domain name to good use. The new Wordpress imported all my old blogger posts and comments without any problems.

11:59 AM  
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

That would be a nice "How-To"...how to port your blogger.com blog to a wordpress blog.

Hook a brotha up, dugglebogey@gmail.com.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blows donkey balls mate.

wtf?

sigh.

12:12 PM  
Blogger smokkee said...

unbelievable

1:02 PM  
Blogger Mondogarage said...

Is this the same fucking Google that collects the data on every page you ever visit on teh intranets and passes it on to the NSA?

1:04 PM  
Blogger Julius_Goat said...

I have words of hope. I had this happen with a corporate blog I started and it was unlocked in short order.

Good luck, and I will pour some Strawberry Ripple on the curb for you tonight.

2:17 PM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Fucking idiots.

2:18 PM  
Blogger peacecorn said...

Time for your own URL, son.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home